Lettings – Client Money Protection Insurance (CMP), Tenant & Referral Fees 2019/ 2020
Letting and management agents are required to display a list of all fees, charges or penalties (however expressed) payable by landlords and tenants for any letting agency or property management service. This includes any additional fees, charges or penalties which may be incurred during a tenancy as well as fees, charges and penalties which are referenced in Tenancy Agreements and in Terms of Business.
The only exceptions are tenancy security deposits (not holding deposits), rent payable to a landlord and fees, charges or penalties which the agent receives from a landlord under a tenancy on behalf of another person.
We must also display our client money protection scheme membership.
Under the Tenant Fee Ban (2019) no fees are payable by tenants and guarantors when entering into an Assured Shorthold Tenancy.
The exemption to this rule is as follows:
1) Tenants must pay interest on any amounts of Rent due and in arrears by in excess of 14 days at the rate of 3% above the Bank of England annual base rate calculated on a day to day basis from the date that the same shall become due until payment in full is made.
2) £50.00 including VAT for each change of sharer/occupier or terms to the tenancy agreement.
3) Early termination of the tenancy agreement will be charged at £100 including VAT to cover the extra administration by leaving your contract early. Tenants will also be subject to the terms of their contract i.e. rent up until a new tenant is found or until their notice expires – whichever is comes first.
4) Referral fees are paid to Vesper Group when we introduce tenants or landlords to 3rd party services. Referral fees range from £5 upwards and we ask for the consent of the tenant or the landlord before introducing these partners.
5) Zero Deposits, where we introduce you to the Zero Deposits Scheme we receive 8% commission. The advantages of Zero deposit are: a) it frees up your cash-flow b) it may enable you to move in faster if you don’t need to save up for a deposit. The disadvantages of Zero Deposits is: a) the premium you pay them will not be refunded at the end the tenancy b) you may not cause any damage in the property that equates to the premium you paid.
6) We are members of the ARLA Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme. Clients monies are protected in specific client accounts within Barclays Bank Plc. Link to rules here http://www.propertymark.co.uk/media/1045366/conduct-and-membership-rules.pdf
7) A copy of our latest Client Money Protection certificate can be found here: https://vespergroup.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Client-Money-Protection-Security-Certificate-2019-to-2020.pdf
8) We are members of The Property Ombudsman Scheme.
9) We are registered with HMRC Anti-money Laundering Supervision: XEML00000141462
Use of the website
Access to the Vesper Group website is confirmation that you have understood and agreed to be bound by all of these terms and conditions
This website is prepared and issued in the United Kingdom and is intended for the information of United Kingdom residents only. This website is for information purposes only and its content is subject to change without notice.
Nothing on this website shall be deemed to constitute financial advice and in the event that you wish to have any such advice, you should contact a financial advisor.
Whilst Vesper Group uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information published on this website is accurate, current, and complete at the date of publication, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of such information. Vesper Group cannot accept any responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website or any other website to which it may be linked. Vesper Group makes no warranty that this website is free from errors, defects or viruses.
The entire contents of this website (except the crown copyright location maps) are the property of Vesper Group and are subject to copyright with all rights reserved. You may download or print individual sections of the website for personal use and information only provided that these properly indicate Vesper Group copyright and other proprietary notices. You may not reproduce (in whole or in part), modify, decompile, disassemble or transmit or use for any commercial purpose whatsoever any information from this website without Vesper Group prior written consent.
There is no guarantee that any e-mail you send will be received by Vesper Group or that the confidentiality of that e-mail will be maintained during internet transmission.
Any disputes arising from the use of this website shall at all times be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. International transfers of personal information. As the Internet can be accessed worldwide, if you are visiting the site from outside the UK, your visit will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international borders. By visiting this site and communicating electronically with us you are consenting to these transfers